The BETI Foundation became a proud member of the non-formal committee of District Disaster Management, formed by the DM of Balrampur. The Committee was formed during a conference attended by district level government officials and representatives of non-government organizations including BETI.
Radiant changes in the personality and aptitude of the girls of the ALCs and VTCs are a great achievement for BETI. These girls have found a place and identity of their own at the Centers, where they can interact with their friends, share their experiences and find companionship. The girls have become extrovert and self-confident. They willingly initiate dialogues during discussions. Out of 300 girls, 81 are preparing to appear in class 8 exams, 109 girls for class 5 and 107 girls for class 3. Most of the girls appearing in class 8 and class 5 exams, desire to continue their studies privately.
In recognition of her immense contribution in the field of Social Work, Lucknow Management Association conferred LMA Outstanding Women Achiever’s Award 2011 on the Executive Director of the BETI Foundation, Ms. Sehba Hussain. She was also conferred with the Social Services Citation, in the 11th Kelvinator GR8! Women Awards, 2012 held on the 15th February, '12 at Bhavan's Cultural Ground in Andheri. The Executive Director of The BETI Foundation, Ms. Sehba Hussain has received ‘Nari Samman Award’ for her Excellent Services in Social Development. The Public Works Department and Energy Minister, Mr. Shivpal Singh Yadav gave the award on International Women’s Day, 2006.
The Executive Director Ms. Sehba Hussain has been a part of The Ford Foundation International Fellowships Selection Programme, since 2004. She was a member of the Consultative Group in India, for the 2005-2006 Fellowships. In the current year she is participating in the National Selection Committee and will also chair one of the panels.
The Executive Director is assigned significant responsibilities at the policy formulation level from time to time. Few such roles of the Executive Director are under mentioned:
- A Panelist in the Committee responsible for drafting the Education Policy (Elementary Level) of Uttar Pradesh in 2001.
- Nominated as a panelist by the Department of Planning, Uttar Pradesh Shasan & UNDP to write the Education Chapter to the Human Development Report for Uttar Pradesh. Was responsible for writing the chapter of Education. The draft report was completed in 2002.
- Contributed in the Uttar Pradesh Mahila Niti 2001. Focused, interventions were given for the sections on (a) Women’s Education and (b) Gender Equality.
- Member of the National Advisory Council (NAC).
- Member of the Executive Committee of the National Sarva Shiksha.
- Chaired the Panel formed by the State Planning Commission, which was preparing the draft paper on Women’s Development and Gender Empowerment for the 11th Five Year Plan of U.P.