The following are some of the research studies taken in recent times:
- Primary research under project Raksha in Bahraich and Shravasti. Support from UNDP on Human Trafficking and HIV/AIDS
- State anchor for L4R (Leadership for Results), UNDP with the follow up district being Bahraich.
- Quick appraisal of BMI Index in Lalitpur for policy decision on NREGA.
- SURE start operational research on maternal and newborn care, in Balaha Block of Bahraich, and Gaisadi block of Balrampur.
- Women rights in Islam, with special reference to health, education and gender rights.
- A Pilot Study on Chikankari as in the unorganised sector with ILO support in Lucknow-U.P
- Study of Impact of Free Text Book Distribution on Girls: DPEP support. Rampur, and Etah -U.P
- Educational Action Research, NPEGEL: supported by Education department, of Govt. of Uttarakhand Action research for community based monitoring towards promoting equitable education for children in Dehradun-Uttarakhand (1block: Chakrata
- Comparative Study of Mainstreamed Children: CARE support Comparative study of children from the Formal Equivalent Centers of CARE & Sarvodaya Ashram and the children who were studying in mainstream Government Upper Primary Schools in Hardoi district- U.P (1 block- Tadiyawan Block)
- UNICEF: Mainstreaming Madarsa, Operational Research on mainstreaming Madarsa in two blocks (Dewan and Fatehpur) in district Bahraich.
- Research on Migration and development of a Toolkit on HIV/ AID’s
- Module Development for Training of SMC Members & Constitution of and Orientation of School Management Committees (SMCs) in Manpur Nyaypanchayat, Block Biswan, Sitapur (supported by UNICEF).
- An Analytical Study of Structural & Systemic Issues in Government Education Programming in 24 schools of Mirzapur, Bhadohi, Ambedkarnagar & Maharajganj in U.P. (Supported by Plan India).
BETI has used different research methods in order to describe, explore and understand social conditions and build strategies for intervention and also to develop an environment that is conducive for empowering adolescent girls. For the purpose, both quantitative and qualitative methods of research are used.
- A baseline survey is carried out in the beginning of every intervention, for better understanding of the area, people and their aspects of life
- A survey was conducted in village Hamirapur of Malihabad block of Lucknow district to understand the socio-economic status of the area and the status of women, adolescents in a predominantly Muslim minority area. The research also sought to suggest measures for evolving micro action plan for empowering adolescent girls and promoting livelihoods in a more open environment where social bonds were widened
- In some programme areas a micro study was done on profiling the elected representatives of panchayats specifically women representatives.
- A private school Study was conducted and a study report was prepared to understand the psyche of rural parents towards education per se
- Participatory Learning and Action exercise is carried out at village level in various districts to understand the socio-economic profile, its subtle nuances, etc., in order that with conscientisation and motivation people could be helped to help themselves as per their requirements
Research on Specific Issues
- In order to understand the vulnerabilities of migrants and acknowledge their problems, a research was conducted by BETI on The Patterns of Migration
- The Foundation prepared a Tool Kit on Safe Migration with support from the Save the Children India. The Tools Kit had three components:
- Posters to be put up at different locations;
- Street Plays Scripts for mobilizing community;
- Brochures for the Service Providers in destination areas.
Status of Women in Islamic Society
A detailed study of various sections of The Holy Quran was done for knowing and understanding specific references relating to the status of women in the Islamic society. The research not only identified the related Ayats (directives), but also served as a rich document for information dissemination for social mobilization and motivation campaigns.
Crime against Women
The BETI Foundation undertook a rapid assessment of the status of crimes against women in some intervention areas so as to understand the nature of criminal actions.
Some other research reports are:
- Research on Role of Women in Islam
- Secondary Research on Migration Patterns in Uttar Pradesh
- Research on Police Records
- PLA Research under TAHA
- Action Research Report on Trafficking and HIV/AIDS under RCPLA Project
- A Pilot Study on Chikankari
- Study of Impact of Free Text Book Distribution on Girls
- Educational Action Research, NPEGEL
- Comparative Study of Mainstreamed Children